This is a replacement firmware for the original version (V1) of the EleksTube IPS clock. It uses the WiFi support that your clock already has to sync the time with the internet and to provide an easy way to configure the clock and change the display:
- It can display the time, the date or a weather forecast.
- It synchronizes the time with NTP so it is very accurate.
- It automatically handles timezone and DST conversions.
- All clock configurarion is done using a web interface.
- Set the timezone information
- Set the hours the clock is on
- Switch between a six digit clock showing seconds and a four digit AM/PM display
- Enable/disable leading zeros
- Switch the display between time, date and the weather
- Set the date format
- Set the backlight effects and colors
- Upload, delete and select the images used for the clock display
- Configure the weather forecast
- Upload, delete and select the icons used for the weather display
- Configure a screen saver
- In this release you can all select a clock face/weather icons using the buttons on the clock (see user guide for details).
- There is also a tool to convert images in to a format that can be displayed on the clock
This image shows the clock running in 4 digit mode with weather:
This shows a weather forecast:
This shows the digital rain screensaver
See the wiki for detailed information on how to build, install and use this firmware.
- Installation takes you through backing up the original firmware, building the custom firmware and uploading it to the clock. Note you can install/update the firmware directly from this web page if you are using Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Opera (but you can’t make a backup of the original firmware this way).
- Connecting to WiFi takes you through getting your clock connected to your router so it can sync the time with NTP and you can configure it using a web browser, however if you use the install button below, you can set up the WiFi connection directly from this page.
- User Guide shows you how to configure and control your clock.
- Hardware Modification details a mod that you might want to make to your clock, but only if you are comfortable wielding a soldering iron.
- Image Collections tells you how to prepare new clock faces and weather icon sets so that they can be uploaded to the clock and used.
This code wouldn’t exist without the work done by the people on this reddit discussion.
- Go to this page to install this firmware for the EleksTubeIPS V1 clock and the Xunfeng IPS clock
- Go to this page to install this firmware for the Si Hai clock
- Go to this page to install this firmware for the NovelLife SE clock
- Go to this page to install this firmware for the Punkcyber clock (aka the RGB Glow Tube DIY Clock)